[Wine] Making wine use the correct OpenGL libraries

ryan woodsmall rwoodsmall at mac.com
Tue Sep 8 16:45:27 CDT 2009

On Sep 8, 2009, at 8:32 AM, raziel2001au wrote:

> Well, I've now made the appropriate alterations to the wiki. I
> finally see what the whole architecture issue is about, if you
> compile the newer unstable Wine releases, you don't run into the
> 32bit vs. 64bit compiling issue, it just works...
>
> The stable build on the other hand just fails horribly to compile
> under Snow Leopard, even with Ryan's recommended environment
> variables it still fails to compile for me, so I also added an
> additional note that says that the stable release doesn't deal with
> the new compiler defaulting to 64 bit and is therefore a pain to get
> working. The unstable releases seem to compile relatively painlessly
> once you know what you're doing though.

1. The stable build (1.0.1) is just old
2. Just use the newest release.

I have a prereq and wine compile/install script almost complete;
Austin English had worked on one previously, but I've lost the mail/
thread, apparently.  Will hopefully have something preliminary (i.e.,
maybe working but buggy) to send tomorrow.

   ryan woodsmall
     rwoodsmall at mac.com