[Wine] OT: How does the wine-users forum<->email gateway work in detail?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 03:47:09 CDT 2009

How does the gateway between list and forum work? I don't just mean
the simple posting thing, I mean all the little management
nuts'n'bolts that made their ned apparent after the gateway was in
place.

I ask because Wikimedia is considering this for at least one of its
lists (foundation-l), and probably others if that goes well.

The Wine forum appears to work very well, and speaking as someone who
uses it exclusively from email it works very well from there too. So
it's a good example to work from :-)

Does anyone who maintains the gateway/forums have a checklist of stuff
they did? Gotchas, etc? Please email me :-) dgerard at gmail.com

- d.