[Wine] Audio problems in karmic-9.10

doctordruidphd wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 9 15:49:17 CDT 2009

I am running wine 1.1.29 in kubuntu karmic-9.10 64-bit, and I am having a problem with audio in wine -- namely, there is none.  The problem seems to be that in jaunty, there are several files installed in /usr/lib32/alsa-lib that are needed to support audio in wine, as part of the ia32-libs package.  In karmic, those files are not present in the package -- there are only a couple of bluetooth related files in /usr/lib32/alsa-lib. Now as a temporary solution, I was able to copy over the alsa-lib directory from jaunty into karmic, and audio now works. But in the long term, is there a solution to this problem in the works, since it looks like the intention may be to not support the 32-bit audio files in the future?