[Wine] New install of 1.1.29: gives "fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file"

martinprowe wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 10 06:05:30 CDT 2009

Hi everybody,

A new install (using the YaST) of 1.1.29 on a SuSE 11.1.
Running winecfg for the first time gives:

Code:
wine: created the configuration directory '/root/.wine'
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
Could not load wine-gecko. HTML rendering will be disabled.
wine: configuration in '/root/.wine' has been updated.
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory

Not sure if this is important or not? I am not interested in sound. So if that never works, no problems. But when I then select the Drives tab, I get this:

Code:

fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1 func=0 method=0)

Which does worry me! If anyone has any thoughts on how to fix it, I'd very please to hear from you.
I have done a couple of days Googeling but not found anything significant.

Two other factors that I need to add:
One - I am trying to run hMail (the AppDB is not that encouraging but it is an old comment - maybe today . . . .?)
Two - I'm a Linux newbe - be verbose in any explanations you can offer.

Best regards,
Martin