[Wine] Wine not showing anything in file browser.

HeartOfPandora wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 11 19:29:17 CDT 2009

I've been trying to work Wine for the past few months now, and I'm just about to give up because it's been completely useless.  When I go to "Wine > Browse C: Drive" there are only two folders, "Program Files" and "windows," both of which are empty.  "Wine > Programs"  shows only "Accessories > Notepad" and anything I've tried to configure ("Configure Wine") or install has not worked.  I have looked around too many websites, pasted numerous lines of code into Terminal, and found nothing to explain why Wine hates me.

Not half an hour ago I updated to the latest versions of Ubuntu and Wine, and I'm still having no luck.  The only things I can run, so far as I can tell, are straight up, single-file .exe programs that require no installation (and that's a grand total of two applications).

Any ideas?  Need more info / specs to diagnose a problem?  Or should I just give up?  >.<