[Wine] Re: Making wine use the correct OpenGL libraries

raziel2001au wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 11 21:58:13 CDT 2009

As part of my additions to the Building wine the minimal way on OS X section, I also added a new section titled: "Wine hints and tips", which I believe is a section sorely needed. It has hints and tips for things you should consider after the basic make. It lists your usage options (install versus running from the source path), it also mentions the DYLD_FALLBACK_PATH environment variable which is needed to get OpenGL/Direct3D apps working - not to mention helping it find its own libraries as well.

I finally also wish to expand that section with one more tip when I have time, namely, creating a minimal wrapper shell script to set things like the prefix and do the DYLD_FALLBACK_PATH stuff automatically for you so you don't have to type that laborious command every time you want to run wine. I'll see how it goes though, hopefully in the near future.