[Wine] My WINE won't go to work

Gulfvet91 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 12 11:52:03 CDT 2009

I still can't seem to figure out Wine and how it works. I tried again to get Brainfuse Quick Connect working  last night and had the notion that perhaps I need to get Explorer up and running. I've tried everything I know to get that file in Other to run but nothing is happening.

I did get a lengthy error message.

[/home/ken/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/explorer.exe]
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
note: /home/ken/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/explorer.exe may be a plain executable, not an archive
zipinfo: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/ken/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/explorer.exe or
/home/ken/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/explorer.exe.zip, and cannot find /home/ken/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/explorer.exe.ZIP, period.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what to do to fix the problem.