[Wine] point me in the right direction?

dalonewolf1 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 12 15:29:53 CDT 2009

been trying to figure out linux and wine for a few days. its completely new to me. my main goal right now is to get everquest 2 running. When i try to open up the game i get an error msg... failed to init font zapf calligraphic 801 bt. so i downloaded that font, and i am pretty sure i installed it but now when i try to open it i get no response. i'm still getting the same error msg from eq 2. also in a different issue that might be related. i've run into 2 programs that simply wont run? no error msg so i dont even know how to begin trying to fix it. the old game diablo will run the opening 2 credit scenes and then it simply shuts down. same with paretologic drivecure desktop. which i got from trying to download directx9 for eq2.