[Wine] Re: [SOLVED] C&C Red Alert 3 - Lan (and also hamachi) play

MarcoBR wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 12 16:27:00 CDT 2009

And I'm Back!

Well, I've got more progress. I'm not giving up on this until CNC4 arrives.
And I've other reasons as well.

So I fixed my /etc/hosts problem. It was a bug on my Fedora that didn't have the mndss 64 bit package.

That means I can now change my IP on the game to Hamachis.

So my friend can see me but I can't see him.
He can see my game but he gets the "time out" when trying to connect.

The problem is that the game is not loading the bind_hack.so
It just says again:

Code:
ERROR: ld.so: object '/tmp/bind_hack.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

That problem explains why I'm so close but not there yet.

Now why it doesn't load the hack if I can compile it?

When I had this problem before it was because I compiled with the -m64.
But now I do can compile with -m32 and load it.

It just doesn't load it like before probably because the glibc libs got updated here.
So now how can I fix this?

Any suggestions are welcome.
I will post my progress here, I will make this game work.

Sorry for the long post, I hope I'm making some sense.