[Wine] Re: how to install wine

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 12 21:00:36 CDT 2009

imac wrote:
> Thanks Dimesio and DaVince. I purchased this OS from Ebay and it just says PC Linux OS 2009.

How much was it? If it was more than 6 dollars you've probably been conned. By far most distributions are available for free anyway, such as Ubuntu, which is known to be good for people who are new with Linux.

Anyway, yeah, check your distro's package manager. Since this distro is not as common or popular as others it might be difficult to find a precompiled package of the latest Wine (1.1.29), but I might be wrong as I have never used it and don't know anything about their application updating policy or package management systems.