[Wine] S4 League crash

Dem Ente wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 13 09:03:44 CDT 2009

Hello,
I have started using Linux a few days ago.

I want to play some games so I downloaded wine.
At first when I started the game S4 League it crashed during the loading screen.

After that I installed the new Catalyst driver 9.8 for my Ati HD 4870.
Then a new problem occured.
S4 League gave me an error which told me that my direct x version wasn't up to date.

So I downloaded it installed it and after many errors and a lot of hours screaming it finally happened that the message disappeared.
But now I have the problem that my game is freezing again during the loading screen
I have searched through the whole net but I couldn't find any helpful hint.