[Wine] No text after x.org tweaks involving Intel 945 chipset,

hexag wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 14 11:42:39 CDT 2009

Hi all,

Before you read any further, I have been through the posts available on the Internet about missing text in application/winecfg, so I've made sure msfonts are installed, there are fonts in the drive_c/windows/Fonts directory & the .reg file is pointing to one which is in there.

Everything was working fine until I updated my graphics so the pretty Ubuntu effects would work properly, a summery of what i did is:

This will enable repository which contains bleeding-edge mesa & Xorg drivers which are continually updated (via the xorg-edgers PPA), enable UXA acceleration, create a workaround for the MTRR bug and install kernel 2.6.30.3. This configuration is not necessarily the fastest (in fact, the Optimal configuration is fastest for my hardware), and is recommended only for users who want to test the latest Xorg code.

More information can be found here (I used the bleeding edge setup): http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1130582 please note, i did post here too, but have yet to receive a reply.

Since I installed these fixes, there is no text in any wine application or winecfg, although i can highlight text (creating a solid oblong), it doesn't copy & paste into gedit or anything.

Any help would be great, I only use Wine for Spotify, which has made it fun over the past week!

wine version: 1.1.29
ubuntu jaunty, 9.04
Kernal: 2.6.30.3
Intel 945 graphics