[Wine] Re: wine and avi2dvd

onespeedbiker wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 14 19:33:25 CDT 2009

I'm away from my computer so I'll send you a console later. To answer your question, I haven't found a Linux avi-dvd converter I like. Devede doesn't give coding options, dvdauthor is too picky with the mpg's it will convert, ManDVD doesn't give any coding options either and the GUI is too clunky (I not real big on drag and drop) and crashes all the time.  I liked the line commands with ffmpeg, but the aspect ratio demands of dvdauthor caused it to distort many of the mpegs. AVI2DVD is just an elegant little program that always works and I'd like to keep using it. I know dvddecrypter and dvdshrink and Imgburn work in wine, so I'm hoping I can get AVI2DVD to work..