[Wine] Re: Mac OS X, DOS tools start X11, this is silly...

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 15 10:00:30 CDT 2009

caveman wrote:

> DOSbox is an emulator, I would like to reach near native speed.
> My ultimate goal is to write a bash script that calls DeflOpt as if it was a unix tool.

DOSbox might be an emulator but it works really well and really fast.  I even use it to play some later higher graphic DOS games that were out even after most gaming went to Windows, and it runs them very well.  Not sure on your OS, but I bundle DOSbox up into a .app on Macs with all the programs inside of it to make "ports" of software that looks just like a Mac .app file and double click to run, completely self contained and runs great....

When I played with Wine for running DOS things, it really sucked... so I just suggested DOSbox because it actually worked better and faster for me.