[Wine] Audiodriver crash after starting programs in Wine :(

mac666 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 15 15:43:23 CDT 2009

Hey
I installed OSS audio via some apt-get thingy, and it didnt work out well...
Now when i start some steam games thru wine, the audio drivers dies... When i go to System > Settings > Sound and test it, i get audiotestsrc wave=sine freq=512 ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! gconfaudiosink: , even after changing to Alsa + Reboot.
Of course the sound works again right after reboot, but when i start certain Steam games, Team Fortress 2, it crashes and brings down my audio driver with it...

Do i need certain Motherboard drivers?

In winecfg i have selected both Alsa and OSS drivers for now, but it didnt help...
If i dont have OSS, the game sound works, but i cant get the game to load a map.
But when i have OSS selected, the game works FINE, exept the "little" sound issue

Any suggestions?