[Wine] Re: Running an app that require specific NT groups

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 16 08:36:03 CDT 2009

TSeeker wrote:

> vitamin wrote:
> > All depends on how this program checks for things.
>
> I have no clue about this yet. Given how pathetically written this program seems to be, I bet I'll have to hack quite a few things.

You can start from looking at advapi32 calls. Most of them are wrappers around ntdll, so you'll need to look at ntdll calls as well.

TSeeker wrote:
> While I'd rather go for a simple, dirty hack, I think it's better in the long run to actually do things right.

The "right" way would be using UNIX groups. But it's more of the question of how it's implemented in Wine. To properly get / set / check group membership you might have to add lots of code into lots of places, including wineserver. Hack would add your group in one place where the program looks.