[Wine] Accessing the host's "localhost" from a Wine app

john16384 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 17 02:13:00 CDT 2009

I'm trying to find a simple solution for testing webpages on ancient web browsers (in this case Internet Explorer 6).  PlayOnLinux installs IE6 flawlessly, but it cannot access the webserver running on the host by means of something like http://localhost:8888 (as the Wine Guest probably has it's own Localhost interface -- what I need is to access the Host's localhost interface).

I tried using the hosts (local) IP, but that doesn't work either.

External Internet pages work fine, but that doesn't really help me (it would be impossible to access the locally used development webserver this way).

Could I access it by using a special address (like 127.0.0.2 or something) ?

Is there a solution?

Thanks,
John