[Wine] Final Fantasy XI under Mint 7 64-bit?

Ironfrunk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 18 00:04:56 CDT 2009

I'm trying to install and run Final Fantasy XI (Vana'Diel Collection 2008) under Linux Mint 7 (64-bit). I just got this game today and want to get it running.
I followed the instructions for it in the ap database, but nothing works.

I installed the original game, all four expansions, directx 8, and the PlayOnline stuff.
When I try to run the game via the Menu bar, I get a black screen inside of a window.
I've tried setting Wine to Vista, XP, 2008, 2003, ect.. but still nothing works.
I can hear the music, but I can't see anything... it's just black.

I also can't run the "Autorun.exe" file on the DVD through the "wine windows program loader" option.
I was able to run "Autorun.exe" once, then every time I tried after that wouldn't work.

My system specs are as follows:
My screen resolution is at 1600x900, connected via DVI
XFX GeForce 9600 GSO (768MB) (drivers are installed)
4GB of RAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 2.66Ghz
Linux Mint 7 64-bit OS
Wine version 1.1.29