[Wine] Re: How do I put file into Wine system32. Age of Mythology

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 19 08:19:16 CDT 2009

Sven wrote:
> I'm not very familiar with KDE, but I think you should be able to access the system32 folder from Konqueror. Just go your homedir, unhide hidden files (Ctrl+h) and then /.wine/drive_c/windows/system32. If you don't have rights to paste a file over there, try to open Konqueror as a root:
> Code:
> sudo konqueror

If the OP doesn't have rights to paste a file in his own ~/.wine, then he or she has messed up the permissions, most likely by running as sudo or root in the first place.  That needs to be fixed, and doing it via Konqueror running as root will NOT fix it.
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-f60a1aeeb2e4ef08a9b26dd38fd4ea2b1608f358

To unhide files in Konqueror, go to View=>Show Hidden Files.