[Wine] Re: New user: Need some information about next stable release

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 19 08:39:58 CDT 2009

Lanzi wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I want to present myself with a little question. And don't worry, it nothing like "linux is not working like windows" *g*
> Normaly I google as long as I found something, but in this case, I cannot find a good answer.
>
> The Story so far:
> I use linux for ~5 years now and wine within Debian Sid(ux) for about 2 years (before with Knotix) now.
> With Deian Sid, I have for quiete a while the Wine Stable Release 1.0.something.
> I use it for Applications like Canon DPP (still with two displayerrors), Panarama Studio, Porta and mp3directcut.
>
> unfortuantly I need a Version of HEssGiss (a chemical Database) running, which needs a MS Acess underneath.... Arggg..
> I have a official MS Office 2000, which would be enough, but I cannot enter the Prodoct Key (official bug see http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=5124)
>
> I tried the explained solution, but it doesn't work.
> So I wait patiently for month for a new release...
>
> So so question would be, if there are already planes for a new stable release...?
> I remeber reading at the homepage in june, that it should be done really quick... but I cannot find this anylonger.
>
> Thanks for your time and your wonderful software

The AppDB states clearly that the "official bug" you're referring to was fixed in 1.1.2 and that users of older versions, including the "stable" release, should upgrade to the latest development release.

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-0bae04b4126dffb8a08bf020982badacb6f367ff
http://wiki.winehq.org/WineReleaseCriteria