[Wine] Realshot manager

Storm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 20 05:32:17 CDT 2009

I'm trying to make the Sony Realshot manager software to run with Wine. It is surveillance camera recording software.
http://b2b.sony.com/images/pages/Security/documents/RealShot_Manager_v3.2.1.zip The software is used in two parts, Server and Client. The difference is only the license and the same software is installed on both sides. The machine with the license can be server and unlimited number of client can connect to it. The server is starting and working with no problems with Wine 1.1.28, Ubuntu 8.04, mdac 2.5, mdac 2.7, mdac 2.8 and directx9 installed. The problem is that no network connection can be made to or from the server. I also tried with 1.1.29 but the result is the same. The error in the console is
err:mmio:MMIO_ParseExtA No . in szFileName: "Chord"
The software itself is showing the error:
IsConnected: Failed to get socket connection state (Protocol not available), socket handle 1ECh
Send: Socket is not connected, socket handle 1ECh

I'm starting wine with root for testing because the server is trying to open a port for listening which is not possible with regular user. With a network scanner I can see that the port of the server (any port I define to listen to in the program) is opened.
When I start the client and the above errors start to show which means that there is some kind of connection between the client and the server.

If the client is started on Wine and the Server on winXP the server error is:
Digest Authentication Handler	Handle: No GET or POST command found (Error code 0001)
Duplicate of Remote PC Server TCP/IP Port	Send: Socket is not open, socket handle 394h

and the console in ubuntu is showing:
err:mmio:MMIO_ParseExtA No . in szFileName: "Chord"

I also installed more of the software from winetricks with no different result. Tried different combination for native, builtin for the dlls. Reinstalled ubuntu several times to test different combination of software. Tried with just installed version and fully updated one. The result is always the same. The software is starting but no network connection client-server.

I don't know is this a Wine problem or a Sony software problem. I'm beginning to think that is the second one.

Thank you.