[Wine] Re: Winecfg and application settings...

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 20 08:09:52 CDT 2009

more on my system if it helps anyone....

running Wine 1.1.29 on Mac OS X 10.6 ... Wine built on this machine, not using default prefixes...

launching exe's in oddball locations (inside .apps)... from inside the Wine bin folder thats also located inside the .app .. my coding finds the current locations and sets stuff right, also putting Wine in the path for that session... running Wine directly in the right directory by having it enter

./wine start /unix "$VARIABLEPATHTOEXE" > "$ANOTHERVARIABLE/log.txt" 2>&1 &

which runs everything fine... except every .exe I run, even while I list it and put different settings in winecfg.exe for that exe, it still runs it at default.... Winecfg.exe still has the listing and different settings showing, it just doesn't work.

The .app I have it all in is easily transferable, I can put it on any machine and it runs fine without having to install Wine on that machine, but every machine I tested it on has the same issue.

So far I've only tested it doing this on Wine I built on OSX 10.6 and used on OSX 10.6 boxes... Wine crashes on my 10.5 machines...  not sure why, guess I haven't worked out all the OSX 10.6 compiling problems for Wine.  Wine I build on a 10.5 machine works fine on both 10.5 and 10.6.. so I'm going to go try to compile up a few different versions of Wine on a 10.5 machine and test this more deeply when I get the time.