[Wine] wow crashes

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Sun Sep 20 09:35:44 CDT 2009

On 09/20/2009 10:17 AM, tparker wrote:
> On 09/20/2009 04:53 AM, wakame wrote:
>>> Kernel version is: Linux fedora 2.6.30.5-43.fc11.x86_64

The 'failed to open' lines may not be a big deal, maybe an addon and the
regular Wow interface arguing about something. Unless it messes up the
interface or the addon in game you can ignore that. My first guess is
it's the stuff after that causing the crash.

Something to check for the other part:
  How much RAM does your computer have? I'm in FC11 (64) and had to limit
  my system from 5G to 3G to make games stable. It has something to do
  with WoW not limiting itself to the amount of memory it knows how to
  handle (since it is 32 bit) and then crashing, it can happen in 64 bit
  Windows as well. I don't know if you are having the same problem, but
  that error looks like the one I used to get.

  If you think that may be the problem you can test it by limiting the
RAM and undo it if that doesn't help.

Scroll down the WoW page on the wine appdb there are instructions
  for telling your computer it has less memory then it really does have so
  that this doesn't happen, but that will limit your memory for the whole
  system - not just for the games.