[Wine] Re: Winecfg and application settings...

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 20 10:01:53 CDT 2009

dimesio wrote:

> When you use a wineprefix other than the default, you have to specify the WINEPREFIX variable in the command line every time you run something in that wineprefix, including winecfg, or the settings for the default wineprefix will be used. For example:
>

> Code:
> WINEPREFIX=/home/user/mywine winecfg

not too sure about that, but I can try it.  My session makes $WINEPREFIX set to the right place before trying to launch Wine, and it pulls out and uses everything out of the right prefix location as far as I can tell (and doesn't access or create a ~/.wine).... does setting the $WINEPREFIX variable work slightly differently than telling it specifically on start?