[Wine] Network time sync

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Sun Sep 20 14:14:49 CDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 10:43, ToLive <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I have a windows client-server app and I need to sync the local time with the network time on each app starts.
> How can I allow to wine app to sync a local system time with a network time? Time can sync only if I ran app under root, but I need to do it under local non-root user.
> Please, don't offer me to setup ntp-server.

Use
net time
from samba.

You need to have root permissions to set the time under *nix. SetUID
is an ugly, insecure solution, but might just work...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setuid

This is not Wine related though... (So please ask further question to
your operating system / Samba's forum / mailing list...)