[Wine] Re: Install error Help!

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 20 17:05:03 CDT 2009

the oldest i compiled on Leopard was 1.1.9 ... the only one I've tried and complied on Snow Leopard is 1.1.29...

how to do it exactly... is hidden among stuff on the instruction page on the wiki...

basically.. use Macports and/or Fink to get all the dependancies installed.. but you have to make sure they install as 32 bit for Wine to use.  I did this by typing in....

export CXXFLAGS="-arch i386 -m32"

then used Macports to install dependencies (except for libmpg123, which is a PITA on Macs and i haven't gotten to work with Wine at all yet, 10.6 or 10.5)

building in the same session after setting that makes the libraires 32 bit so Wine can see and use them...

then to compile Wine I had to type...

export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/X11/include"
export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/X11/lib"

then a normal ./configure, make, make depend, and make install took care of the rest