[Wine] Re: Wine Question - Virus/Diable temporarily

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 20 17:06:58 CDT 2009

balani123 wrote:
> but like i do want to use it but i just wanna know if their is a way to disable it until the time i want to use it.....?? is that possible ... cuz as you know opening an .exe files will execute wine,So is their a way to disable Wine ?? for example if i Run or Open an windows file i was thinking wine if their is an wat for it to ask me "Shall I use Wine To Run This App" (hope my English is not confusing sry)

And if you want to get cocky, you can rename the 'wine' executable to something else...that way you are sure that nothing ever opens it (rename it to open-w-wine, for instance...). But this is extreme and you probably won't need it. If you are using Gnome, you can go into the properties->open with dialog and delete the Open with Wine option. (Forgive me if those aren't the exact names of the dialogs, but I translated them from my native language, Portuguese).

Cheers,

Jorl17