[Wine] Re: New member - I have Xubuntu 9.04 and want to run Tesio Power

Sven wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 21 09:41:50 CDT 2009

Hey Cissi,

I think a clean wine installation, without any programs on it isn't any bigger than 50 MB, so that should work for you. The earlier you try it, the earlier any possible bugs can be fixed. And as a new 80 GB hard drive (which is still small) is like €30, that shouldn't be a problem I guess.

About the older version. It's always nice to get the developer to help with getting the program to work on wine, but it's not necessary. You could also file a bug and wait for it to be fixed, try something with winetricks or use native dlls. There are many ways to get things to work, and I think there are lots of people over here at the forums who can help you with that.

About the never versions. It's up to you to try and run them of course. We can't do that for you. In case they don't work you can always ask for help and/or file a bug and still go back to the older version if you can't get it to work.

And isn't there any way for you to (let someone) make a script to port the mdb files to something the never versions can also use? That would probably save you a lot of work, but also help everyone else that uses the program. Or maybe you can ask other people if someone has already made something like it.

Sven