[Wine] Re: conquer online and direct3d

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 22 17:21:24 CDT 2009

sunshine1 wrote:
> I dont know if this will help any1 but I seem to have fixed my problem it was apparently the color settings on my computer... it was set at 32 bit & co runs in 16 only =( i changed it to 16 bit color mode and it loggs in perfectly now =S just to let u guys know it might help sum1 else =)
>
> this thing how to do it on ubuntu

Glad you did it...still odd that a recent game only runs with 16-bit color, but that's nice.

*If* you do not want to limit all of your computer, you can google something about "X Servers". That way, you will be able to create a different X server to play your game in and manually set the resolution to 16-bit. SO you will end up with two X servers -- One, the main, at 32-bit (if you wish) and the other at 16-bit, whenever you need to play it. I use this solution all the time, but someone might have a better suggestion.