[Wine] Mouse/keyboard input causes huge FPS loss in Eve Online

Sememmon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 22 20:28:33 CDT 2009

Greets!

Running 1.1.29 on Ubuntu 8.10 on my System76 Serp4 (laptop, Intel C2D T9300, 4 gigs ram, nvidia 8600M GT with driver 185.18.36). I'm attempting to run Eve Online and am having a rather strange problem. The game installs and runs fine until I get in-game and move the mouse or hold a key down. Using the in-game FPS tool, it sits at about 30FPS at 1680x1050 and drops down to 1FPS if I just move the mouse in circles.

I've tried disabling/lowering all graphics settings, turning off sound, running in windowed mode... nothing seems to help. Doing all of those things cranks the FPS way up.. but as soon as I move the mouse or hold down a key, framerate plummets.

Any ideas what is going on here?

-Sem