[Wine] Re: WINE - Ambitious Project

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 23 16:46:50 CDT 2009

DaVince wrote:
> There is at least development in making USB devices work - so this won't include Windows drivers for USB devices? How about ReactOS's whole driver system being added to Wine once it's finished and suitable?

Forgive me if anything that I say is wrong but...

In order to have drivers, Wine would have to be run Kernel-space, am I not right? Unless it used slower user-space APIs which I am not sure that exist. Besides, it would probably be very difficult to grab ReactOS' buggy driver "system", which is based off an architecture which has nothing to do with the Unix architecture. And, I suppose, that *this* system would have to be run in kernel-space which doesn't seem to be what Wine's main developers want...

Cheers,

Jorl17