[Wine] Re: Install error Help!

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 23 18:56:01 CDT 2009

Flying High wrote:
> I tryed the wine skin application of yours.
> The game is called "trackmania the nations forever" it's rated gold and works wonderfully on crossover.
> Your wineskin application could not run it and crashes. but your application will allow me to make simple applications like notepad work. Thanks anyway.

its standard Wine for the most part, you still have to go in and mess with the registry, and Winecfg and things, which is why it has .app launchers for those thing.  It works pretty good for games as well, I have gotten Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 running in it, as well as a few of the older Windows Might and Magics, and Oblivion (few graphics problems i didn't troubleshoot much), Second Life (windows version) all as tests...

Whatever changes Trackmania needs according to the appdb, will have to be done in Wineskin as well... which appears to be a couple of dll copies.  Also for OSX, its best to go in Winecfg and make sure its running in a virtual desktop.