[Wine] Using wine to run firefox

NewtoLinux wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 23 21:55:40 CDT 2009

Ok I'm starting to get the idea of Ubuntu 9.04 and Wine but I'm still new. First off does using Wine to run Firefox look any different? I might be using Wine to run firefox and might not either way there is no difference that I can see.

Using GUI I transversed to my firefox directory. Computer ->  Filesystem -> Usr -> Lib -> firefox-3.0.14. Inside is firefox which is an executable. I right clicked and then clicked on open with. I then selected Wine from the list. Now when I double click on the .exe firefox doesn't load. Yet when I use the desktop shortcut firefox loads but it looks exactly the same.

I then tried the cmd line approach. I went to my desktop using the cd Desktop command. Then I typed
Code:
wine firefox.desktop

 cmd line spits out an error.

wine: could not load L"Z file path : Bad exe format f
or

is that supposed to be for or f line break or? I then tried to go directly to the .exe rather than the shortcut but the command
Code:
sudo cd

 didn't work. Not sure how to get out of the home folder yet lol.