[Wine] Re: Using wine to run firefox

NewtoLinux wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 24 01:19:53 CDT 2009

vitamin wrote:

> NewtoLinux wrote:
> > I want to run the Windows version.
>
> First of all why would you want to run windows version? It can (and will) have number of problems under Wine. Just install a native Linux Firefox version from your distro.
>
> If you really really have to have windows Firefox, you'll have to install it under Wine first. That will create a shortcut on your desktop. And to run it just double-click on it.

Why does there have to be a reason? It sounds funny but most of my best ideas I just do, I figure if the idea is in my head it must be there for a reason. Another reason I want to do it someone said it was an easy application to test wine with. A 3rd is its easier to compare the two side by side.

By installing it under Wine you mean in the Wine directory? So I cut the file .exe from downloads and paste into the Wine directory. Or do you mean I open the .exe file from downloads using Wine?