[Wine] Re: conquer online and direct3d

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 24 05:27:19 CDT 2009

sunshine1 wrote:
> i think the problem isnt from wine can it be from firewall on ubuntu

Asking sorry by itself is really nice, and yet you didn't do what I asked you. How do you suppose people can help you if you keep jumping from problem to problem.

Some posts ago it was the color depth. Then, it could possibly be a bug in Wine. Now, it can be the firewall...

What experiments did you do that allowed you to get to these conclusions? You do know that a scarce part of the population doesn't read minds and, unfortunately, most people here belong to that group.

You have to understand that the sequence of posts you just ....erm....'posted' did not help at all, nor did it provide any details.

In your first post you say you "will try that". Now I wonder, what is "that"? I asked you to specify whatever you did/were going to do but you didn't seem to follow that.

Then you apologize. While this may be important in its own way....couldn't you have thought about it before...after all, you posted just a minute after....

Then, the third post jumps to another problem that quickly. By the way, if you come with the Ubuntu defaults it is not and never will be its firewall. Don't doubt it -- if it is running the defaults it is not to be blamed for....whatever you think might be caused by a firewall.

If you would take a time in your tight 3-posts-in-a-row routine, I'd suggest (for the THIRD time) that you wrote a decent, correct and nice text specifying what has happened, how you fixed things and how you reached some conclusions (for instance, why did you check if it was a bug in Wine when you'd seen it was the color-depth?; why did you turn into firewall issues?)

Lastly, if it *is* a firewall issue, which I highly doubt would be (but I can be wrong), it might be a router firewall.