[Wine] What the last version WINE is support PowerPC processor?

Javier Serrano Polo jasp00 at terra.es
Wed Sep 23 22:51:54 CDT 2009

A bit late, but I'll try to summarize the requirements for the fastest
solution I know about x86 binaries and powerpc:

      * Linux; other systems need to be ported.
      * Qemu version able to use some powerpc libraries (pthreads,
        x11...).
      * x86 libraries.
      * A couple of fixes/tweaks to wine (stable version, 1.0.1).
      * If you want to compile, an x86 compiler.

Is it fast? Acceptable for some people, it depends on the program.
Is it stable? Same as above.
Could it be faster? Sure, the bitmap rendering can be improved.
Could it be a lot faster? Hmm, it depends on the ability to use the
powerpc winelib, how much internal data is exposed, etc.

Should you try it? If you don't have access to an already deployed
repository (you probably don't), then you shouldn't. It's very
time-consuming.