[Wine] photoscape 3.3 not properly running with wine

khketteler at web.de khketteler at web.de
Fri Sep 25 14:39:54 CDT 2009

Hello,

I'm running wine 1.1.29 and Kubuntu 9.04.

Formerly I could use Photoscape 3.3 with Kubuntu 8.10 without any problem but
now it's possible to install but it doesn't work properly. The problem is
quite obvious with gdiplus.dll.
If I chose the builtin gdiplus.dll Photoscape opens but does not display any
photos (neither jpg nor png). If I chose the native gdiplus.dll wine crashes.

Photoscape ships with its own gdiplus.dll.

I've tested wine 1.01 but it behaves similar.

Is someone out there who has any great idea what could be the problem?