[Wine] Re: Watching Blu-Ray under Linux - TotalMedia Theatre 3 Platinum

makaveli wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 25 16:48:34 CDT 2009

I just found out how to solve my problem.

After posting my thread earlier, I realized that the wine binary is 32 bit, and I was trying to get it to work with 64 bit library files from Vista.

Therefore I went to my Laptop running Windows XP Professional 32 bit and copied the two dll files mfc42.dll and mfc42u.dll I found in the directory C:\WINDOWS\system32 to a usb flash drive.

Deleting my the .wine folder from my home directory, rerunning the setup and copying the two files mfc42.dll and mfc42u.dll to .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/ before entering the serial number has allowed me to complete the setup of TotalMedia Theatre 3 Platinum successfully under wine 1.1.29-2.1

I will now try to get the application to play blu ray movies under linux and keep you up to date.