[Wine] Problems mostly using Ventrilo

timpa wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 26 04:35:25 CDT 2009

Hi I'm using Ventrilo 3.0.5 for Windows i386 - 32bit. Tried 64bit also.
And using Wine 1.1.29 on Ubuntu 9.04 64bit.
Couldn't get any sound out of Ventrilo to start with. After reading all threads I could find, I found one post saying I had to add a library in winecfg.
Added "msgsm32.acm as Native (Windows), and voila I got Vent sound out of speakers.

However I cannot manage to use my headset for it. Using Logitech Clearchat USB Headset. Can't get any sound through it using any Wine application.
Worth mentioning is I can't use the headset for flash applications either.

Any clues?