[Wine] Aion and Wine walkthrough

Lordoflines wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 26 16:39:39 CDT 2009

Recently upgraded my computer with a new motherboard and such, making my OEM Windows XP invalid. Completely new to another OS and request help

I am using ubuntu 9.04, with 1.1.29 wine
I've read through multiple posts and fumbled around trying to get it work to no avail and would appreciate a layman's walk through as to how to install and run Aion, Tower of Eternity

Unfortunately I bought my copy from NCSoft so I do not have a physical disk. I download the PC Client, then run Aion.EXE with Wine. Aion Downloader starts up and goes through steps 1-5 without a flaw, and a "Wine File - [\] pops out with two windows and two empty folders in each window. I am absolutly dumbfounded as to where to go from here.