[Wine] Wine Temporary Files under OSX

Broly_Z wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 26 21:22:50 CDT 2009

Hello, this is my first post here.

I've worked with wine under ubuntu for many months without any problem, running almost every w32 app from my windows partitions.

Now im using OSX (Snow leopard), i installed wine using with macports and everything goes well, but last days i've had some trouble...

I've installed a couple of games/apps and run them without problem in Leopard (10.5x), but someday -i still dont know why- one of them stop working with some errors. I dont really care too much, but after some days, another stop working, giving me another error (Those error were totally different and not related).

The matter is that i've tried everything, reinstalling wine, deleting the .wine directory, and also i upgraded leopard to snow leopard in the process and reinstall everything and nothing changed.

My question is... i think that wine is storing some temporary data files from the apps that i've ran and that's the reason why i reinstall wine, delete the .wine directory, etc etc and it's the errors are not fixed; can somebody tell me if there is any special directory in OSX where wine stores temporary data from the windows apps that it runs different of ".wine" directory in my user folder?

Thanks!!

Manu

PD: Sorry for my bad english, im spanish-speaker[/b]