[Wine] winedos.dll problem

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Sun Sep 27 06:57:16 CDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 13:44, ElricleNecro <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have install with success Heroes of annihilated empire, but when I try to launch it, I have an error :
> Code:
>
> err:dosmem:load_winedos Could not load winedos.dll, DOS subsystem unavailable
> fixme:winmm:MMDRV_Exit Closing while ll-driver open
If it is a DOS game, you would probably have better luck using DosBox.
Wine's DOS emulation needs lot of work....

(It also seem that a file is missing, which seem to point to something
else breaking the loading of the DOS subsystem BEFORE Wine's DOS
breaks it though...? (Someone better with reading Wine logs than me
should probably correct me...))

Another note, which might make all the above irrelevant. It seems to
be a Windows game, if this wikipedia page is correct...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_of_Annihilated_Empires

For 3D games, please post your graphics card, graphics card driver version.

Also check out the AppDb page:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=5251

Gert