[Wine] Serial Ports: busy?

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sun Sep 27 12:02:22 CDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-09-27 at 09:39 -0500, driveoldford wrote:
> Martin:
> "Serial: 8250/16550 driver $Revision: 1.90 $ 4 ports, IRQ sharing enabled"
> So, I guess this means the serial port (there is only one) is found.

Then it should be /dev/ttyS0 because that's what I'd expect to see. Try
running this command:

	ls -l /dev/ttyS*

which should only find ttyS0 and show its access permissions. Post its
output here.

> I'm still stuck. However, on one of the computers, the serial is defined as ttyS1,
> so, I'll try linking to that. Down, but not dead!

This computer should have found at least two serial to have ttyS1. Post
the output from the same command for it as well.

Martin