[Wine] Re: Installing Wine on ubuntu 9.04

NewtoLinux wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 27 13:24:07 CDT 2009

Ahh wine can't run .Desktop items. That would explain while I was able to install from terminal from the downloads folder firefox, but then not run it on the desktop using the terminal.

Ok took me like 20 mins but I figured out wine is a hidden folder. I know to see it in GUI I hit ctrl+h not sure how to reach it in a terminal though. When learning the terminal I like to use the GUI first figure out the path to the file then use terminal one directory at a time.

So from my home directory I type ls. Saw that wine wasn't there. Typed cd "~/.wine". The command took so I typed in cd drive_c. The command took, now here's where I have problems. I need to get to the Program Files directory. So I type
Code:
cd "Program Files"

 yet for some reason the command fails. Is it because wine is in a hidden folder? So I tried cd ".Program Files". I get the same error no such file or directory.