[Wine] Force feedback and pedal axis support and LFS

nsexport wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 29 09:33:44 CDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if any work is being done on Wine's force feedback support.  I would like to be able to run the Live for Speed racing sim (www.liveforspeed.net) under Wine, but the one thing preventing me from doing that is the lack of force feedback.

When I start the game, it sees my FFB wheel connected, and everything is fine, but when I start to drive, the wheel just bumps left or right every second, with an accompanying message in the console where I started the game:

fixme:dinput:joy_polldev joystick cannot handle type 21 event (code 96)
fixme:dinput:joy_polldev joystick cannot handle type 21 event (code 0)

The wheel works as a controller, just without proper force feedback.

Also (this is moot for now until FFB is working), is there a way to edit the controller definition in Wine so that the game sees separate axes for my throttle/brake pedals?  Right now it's only seeing one.