[Wine] Re: App: ColorLines3D IstraSoft nvidia / glx driver

robertoli wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 30 12:03:35 CDT 2009

found a solution:

the NVidia GeForce 8200 onboard graphic chip is not supported by nouveau.
While the nvidia driver works fine together with GF8200; the glx modules do not properly support this chip when wine is operating. (I don't know the exact mechanism)

I "upgraded" my system with a GeForce 8500GT and "downgraded" to use the "nouveau" driver together with MesaGL glx files.

with this combination of files and Hardware the support for my games in wine  is P E R F E C T !  [Rolling Eyes]