[Wine] Re: frame/graphics lag in microsoft Freelancer

Basinator wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 2 09:26:29 CDT 2010

Nah, I think it was my mistake for not making it clear enough that my second try (that one with the tutorial) wasn't with PlayOnLinux.

I had the feeling that I had a lot less "mouselag" than with POL/before in the menu, but as before I wasn't able to start Single Player since then it hang up. Nothing really happened and my whole machine was slowed down. I somehow killed the process then. (I can recall pressing ctrl + c in the console/terminal, but not sure if this one killed it). Other PRETTY minor problem was that my mouse cursor from Linux was also ingame.
I couldn't test MP since the ID which is necessary for it gets generated out of a few things, for instance windows user account name, game installation key (NOT a cd key...this game doesn't even has one, lol ^_^) and so on. But I forgot that I still have some old ones, I will insert them the next time when I try out MP.
The SP starts with a in space video (iirc it is not a video file but gets generated by the game world combined with some action scripts) and I can also remember that it was said some time ago that the menu of Freelancer works but the space not. At least not without configuring wine.

Unfortunally my terminal log is filled mostly with the same error message, which has deleted all previous lines. But I have increased the max. lines in the terminal dramatically now. Shall I re-try then now with the same procedure?

Anyways, here are the messages which are still left in the console:

> [....all the same thing]
> fixme:d3d:state_clipping Clipping disabled, but ARB_depth_clamp isn't supported.
> fixme:d3d:state_clipping Clipping disabled, but ARB_depth_clamp isn't supported.
> fixme:d3d:state_clipping Clipping disabled, but ARB_depth_clamp isn't supported.
> fixme:d3d:state_clipping Clipping disabled, but ARB_depth_clamp isn't supported.
> fixme:dpnet:IDirectPlay8ClientImpl_CancelAsyncOperation (0x14bf38):(0,2): Stub
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0xf8aa00 "?" wait timed out in thread 0009, blocked by 0026, retrying (60 sec)
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0xf8aa00 "?" wait timed out in thread 0009, blocked by 0026, retrying (60 sec)
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0xf8aa00 "?" wait timed out in thread 0009, blocked by 0026, retrying (60 sec)
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0xf8aa00 "?" wait timed out in thread 0009, blocked by 0026, retrying (60 sec)
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0xf8aa00 "?" wait timed out in thread 0009, blocked by 0026, retrying (60 sec)

But believe me, I am really, really thankful for your help!

Grüße zurück an Nachbarn Niederlande übrigens!