[Wine] WineLib app error

Jean-Claude Gervais jc.gervais at videotron.ca
Fri Apr 2 17:17:15 CDT 2010

OK, got it!

Turns out that there is a discrepancy caused by the makefile generation
kit I am using (Imake) and the expected name of the .so file.

The last line when building the shared object (the link step) does two
different things:

    - It physically names the output file ( -o ./libdbgtrace.so.~.so )
    - It passes a linker option setting the shared-object name
( -soname,libdbgtrace.so. )

These two things do NOT match

Using ldd on the application

ldd cms.exe.so

showed me that one of the shared-libs needed to run the app was not
found and more importantly, its expected NAME ( libdbgtrace.so. )

I simply renamed the shared-object and now the app runs and behaves
exactly as its MinGW-compiled twin does, which was the goal.

Thanks, Thunderbird (and others!), you've helped me see more clearly.

Happy Easter to all and a big chocolate bunny!