[Wine] Re: MS Office 2007 apps lose focus when hovering over sub menus?

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 3 09:01:10 CDT 2010

bp96 wrote:
> Whenever I hover over a submenu in Word, PowerPoint or Excel 2007, it loses its focus. The menu just disappears. Look at this video (ignore the last bit where I click on Symbol as I've always had an issue with that) :
> http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=15mjiv8&s=5
> [/code]

I get all the fixmes in your console output, and selecting submenu items works fine for me.  However, your console output is missing some fixmes that I do get, for psdrv and mscorree.

Mscoree is part of .NET, and the fact hat you're not getting the fixme for it suggests that you installed dotnet20, and possibly some other unnecessary things, with winetricks.

If that's the case, reinstall to a clean wineprefis, with no winetricks or any other tweaks. Just run the installer, as the AppDB instructs. After installing, apply only the tweaks listed in the AppDB.  Dotnet is not one of them.

If that's not the case, then I don't know what the problem is. Possibly a graphics driver issue.