[Wine] WoW Frame Rates w/ Intel Graphics in Ubuntu Karmic

X-Malleus wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 3 16:43:39 CDT 2010

I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 on an Intel dual-core T5550 @ 1.83GHz, with an Intel GM965 video card. I just recently got World of Warcraft running on this version, so I finally feel like I can get rid of my Jaunty partition. For a while, I was only able to get the game to work on Jaunty, and it was with the use of this guide:

I finally managed to get it running on Karmic, though, and while it is certainly playable, the frame rates have suffered significantly compared to my Jaunty partition, and while I CAN deal with this, I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how I might be able to increase my frame rates on Karmic...has anyone had any experiences with a similar setup and gotten decent frame rates on Karmic?

By the way, I'm using the "intel" graphics driver, with mesa 7.6.0-1 for 3D.